I’m now entering the 5th month of sampling for my MoBE postdoctoral fellowship [see https://microbe.net/2014/10/29/microbiomes-and-the-athletic-arena-indoor-track-facility-microbiome-in-conjunction-with-salivary-and-nostril-microbiomes-of-indooroutdoor-runners/] and want to begin compiling the pertinent physical building-centric metadata (not for the individual samples, that I have as ongoing) for my project. Below is the list that I currently have, but if the community feels that there are other important aspects of the indoor track facilities that should be documented please leave comments.
- Building dimensions (ideal if floor plan provided)
- Capacity (daily and for different event types)
- Estimated occupancy/usage
- Build date(s)
- HVAC system (and frequency of natural ventilation)
- Building materials
- Are offices located inside track facility (and number) ?
- Are bathrooms located inside track facility (and number) ?
- Cleaning schedule and procedures
- Climate control targets
- Are pets allowed (and what types) ?
- Number, date and type of hosted events
- Are food and drink allowed (and what types) ?
- Specific dates during which facility is closed
- When facility is closed (or during events) are climate control targets changed?