Many recent news stories have been discussing a case of an outbreak in a hospital in Greenville, SC that has apprently been traced to drinking water contamination. Thus this may be of interest to a variety of people. See some links below:
- 4th patient with GHS infection dies.
- Fourth bacterial infection death reported at South Carolina hospital
- GHS infection probe focuses on water
- Mycobacterium abscessus outbreak: Organism originated in tap …
And there are also some articles discussing responses by the hospital:
- GHS installing new water filtration system on all campuses
- SC hospital to expand water filtration system
- Editorial: GHS reacts swiftly to infection
Mycobacterial skin infection.
CDC/ Dr. Roger Feldman