I just completely love this: MICROBIOLOGY TODAY: REAL SUPERHEROES. From the news for the Society for General Microbiology: Society news | Society for General Microbiology. The February Issue of the magazine “Microbiology Today” features some microbial superheroes with some great art and photos.
- The immortal, halophilic superhero: Halobacterium salinarum — a long-lived poly-extremophile
- The shape-shifting superhero: Dictyostelium discoideum
- Diatoms: glass-dwelling dynamos
- Heroic exertion of radiation-resistant extremophiles
- Herpes simplex virus — master of disguise and invisibility
Plus check out the “Schoolzone: Predator—prey relationships