I thought this would be of interest – got it by email
We are happy to announce that registration for GSC19 is now open!
The meeting will take place at the Stamford Plaza, Brisbane, Australia between 15th-17th May, 2017.
The theme of the meeting will be Extending Standards to Viruses and Microbial Eukaryotes.
The agenda is packed with exciting sessions and topics:
- Viral classification and genome standards
- Microbial eukaryote classification and genome standards
- Bioinformatic workflow standards, (large scale, reproducible, cost-effective)
- Microbiomes of Australia
- Modes and tempo of evolution
- Genome taxonomy
We have an exciting line-up of speakers:
- Aaron Darling, University of Technology, Sydney
- Nikos Kyrpides, DOE, Joint Genome Institute
- Tanja Woyke, DOE, Joint Genome Institute
- Howard Ochman, University of Texas, Austin
- Michael Crusoe, Common Workflow Language project, Lithuania
- Donovan Parks, Consultant, University of Queensland
- Jodie Van de Kamp, BASE-CSIRO Marine & Atmospheric Research
- Jian Xu, Qingdao Inst of Bioenergy & Bioprocess Tech, China
- Pelin Yilmaz, Max Planck Institute, Bremen
- Folker Meyer, Argonne National Laboratory
- Lynn Schriml, University of Maryland
- Thomas Rattei, University of Vienna
- Jan Meier-Kolthoff, Newcastle University, UK
- Dave Wood, University of Queensland
- Chris Rinke, University of Queensland
- Maria Dzunkova, University of Queensland
The agenda is still taking shape, you can find specific session details and confirmed speakers in the GSC19 homepage: http://wiki.gensc.org/index.php?title=GSC_19
Please note that we have a limited time special offer from the workshop hotels:
Stamford Plaza and Hotel is the main Accommodation and meeting venue. They are holding 50 rooms for the period of Sunday 14th to Tuesday 16th (inclusive) at the rate of AUD$205/night (USD$154/Euro$145). Other nights are AUD$235/night (USD$176/Euro$166). Please follow this link to make a booking.
Oaks Felix have set up a group code ‘GSC19’. The code offers 12% off their best available rates at Oaks Felix, Oaks 212 Margaret and iStay River City. Please follow this link make a booking.
We are looking forward to seeing you all in Brisbane!
Pelin Yilmaz (on behalf of the GSC19 organising committee)