Lots of news stories about a new paper from Jack Gilbert, Simon Lax, and many others on results of their “Hospital Microbiome” study. I apologize that, since I am co-running a conference for the next two days I just have not had time to read all these stories and the paper and thus do not yet have comments from myself. But I thought people might be interested in some of the coverage so I thought I would point people to some of it here.
- LiveScience: New Map Tracks Germs’ Travels Around Hospitals
- The Verge: Here are the microbes you can pick up at the hospital — and those you leave behind
- Popular Science: Researchers tracked how microbes spread in a newly opened hospital
- San Diego Union Tribune: Hospital staff a net source of patients’ bacteria
- GenomeWeb: Microbiome Study Maps How Bacteria Spread in New Chicago Hospital Over a Year