This is just a “Save the Date” announcement. More detail will be coming soon.
Every year the UC Davis Genome Center hosts a “Halloween Symposium” on some genomics-related topic. In addition to the symposium there is a pumpkin carving contest, a poster session with some prizes, awards for best costumes, and generally a decent amount of fun.
Well, this year I have been anointed as the organizer of the meeting and the theme of the meeting is “The Microbiome”. Scary I know. Anyway I decided to just post a brief announcement now because that way people can hold the date if they are interested in attending.
October 27, 2017
UC Davis Genome Center
GBSF Lobby and Auditorium
Annual Halloween Symposium
- Keynote talk by Tanja Woyke (DOE JGI, LBL)
- Dawn Sumner (Earth and Planetary Sciences, CLS)
- Christian Santos Medellin (Sundar lab, Plant Biology, CBS)
- Angela Zivkovic (Nutrition-CA&ES)
- Phillip Brooks (Brown Lab, SVM)
- Ruihong Zhang (Bio & Ag Engineering, SOE)
- Eric Velazquez (Baumler Lab, MMI, SOM)
- Matt Settles (Genome Center, CBS)