Got this job posting for a Senior Scientist in Microbiome Sciences at PNNL.
The Biological Systems Science Group within the Biological Sciences Division at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is seeking a senior scientist who will bring an established and vigorous independent research program in microbiome sciences (broadly defined) to the highly collaborative environment of PNNL. This individual will be expected to strengthen our research program and contribute to emerging and established research programs in environmental and host-associated microbiome sciences. It is expected that the candidate will contribute to establishing new research directions and strategies in microbiome sciences for the group.
Required Components of the Application:
In a single PDF file please submit a cover letter describing qualifications and a CV.
BS/BA with 7 years of experience, MS/MA with 5 years of experience, or PhD with 3 years of experience.
- PhD in microbiology, microbial ecology, molecular biology or related field. 7+ years of experience.
- Skilled professional who can independently apply, on a broad basis, existing theories, principles, and concepts within the field microbiome sciences.
- An established Principal Investigator (PI).
- A sustained track record of disseminating research through peer-reviewed publications, invited presentations, etc.
- A sustained track record of independent research funding.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both independently as well as in interdisciplinary group settings with internal and external collaborators.
- Skills consistent with the state of the art.