So I just saw this news story: Lawrence Tynes sues Tampa Bay Buccaneers claiming MRSA infection ended career. It seems that Tynes and some others think MRSA is lurking in the Tamba Bay Buccaneers facilities. This is yet another example of a sports league in need of a microbial ecologist.
Lots of interest in Sports and Microbial Ecology these days. See also ..
- Sports teams need resident microbial ecologists …
- Microbiomes and the Athletic Arena: Indoor Track Facility Microbiome in conjunction with Salivary and Nostril Microbiomes of Indoor/Outdoor Runners (MoBE Postdoctoral Fellowship)
- Mumps outbreak in the NHL
- The BioBE Center studies “Full contact microbes” re: Roller Derby and Microbes
- Skin Microbiome at the Roller Derby